MCA - Jordan's Principle, Dept. of Health
July 23, 2021
Akwesasne, QC, Canada
FULL TIME TERM POSITION (JULY 2021-MAY 2023)
W/ POSSIBILITIY OF INDEFINITE HIRE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
SALARY LEVEL: CL10 ST 2 $38,460.88
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of Jordan’s Principle Program Manager, in the Department of Health Administration, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support to Jordan’s Principle financial obligations; and administrative functions in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations for Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Jordan’s Principle for First Nation’s children, in collaboration with funding partners.
- Two (2) year Business Administration Diploma with two (2) years of related work experience in Health or Social Services;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of filing systems, mail systems and processes, general office equipment, office practice and procedures;
- Extremely developed analytical and reasoning skills including the ability to understand, express and apply extremely complex technical, scientific, administrative concepts, methods and procedures;
- Ability to work independently and exhibit a high degree of initiative and self-direction;
- Human interaction and interpersonal skills are an important aspect of the job.
All interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and copies of all relevant certificates/diplomas along with three references submitted on a Consent to Release Reference Check form, which can be found on the Akwesasne.ca website under Employment. Applications should be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, July 23, 2021 to:
Shayleen Thompson, HR Staffing Officer
Administration Building #1
Phone: (613) 575-2250, ext. 2147
- Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
- Native preference in hiring.
- A criminal record check is mandatory before start of employment.
- As a requirement of employment, all applicants must have a Canadian Social Insurance number.
- An eligibility list will be created for one year.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview
will be contacted (MCA may cancel, postpone, or revise employment opportunities at any time)