Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
April 8, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
Job Code: 43-6014
Status: Permanent Full-time
Location: SRMT Health Services
Department: A/CDP O/P & Mental Health
Reports To: Outpatient Coordinator
SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist is for both the Saint Regis Mohawk Mental Health and Alcoholism/Chemical Dependency Program. This position requires administrative assistant and receptionist tasks, which include a complete understanding of the Health Insurance Privacy and Portability Act and the Confidentiality Laws and Policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibit a friendly and courteous manner when dealing with clients, fellow employees and associates.
- Answering the telephone, take messages or deliver messages in a timely manner, give appropriate information to callers, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greeting clients and ensuring their connection to the appropriate Provider
- Keeping the reception area and records room neat and presentable on a daily basis
- Gather preliminary information to begin the intake process, and triage and schedule appointments for clients and counselors
- Gather and submit incoming and outgoing mail/correspondences in a timely manner; maintain mail log.
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machine, copier, printer, phone system, and arrange for repairs when needed.
- Typing assessments, letters, discharge summaries and other documents as required.
- Maintenance of MH & A/CDP client information. This means filing information, setting up client files and charts.
- Data entry into data bases
- Maintaining supplies and forms in adequate quantity.
- Clerical assistance for various projects, when needed.
- Assisting with purchase requisitions and ordering office supplies as needed
- Reorganizing and update file cabinets, prepare files for scanning on Vista Program and upkeep of the CD records.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, RPMS scheduling and Behavioral Health System for preforming job duties
Other: Attend training as requested
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma; a minimum of one year of office and secretarial work; personal computer skills; must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision; use proper phone etiquette; and must be willing to develop a good understanding of Behavioral Health both Mental Health and Alcoholism/Chemical Dependency.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Proven ability to work independently and excellent organizational skills. Computer testing may be a requirement during the interview process. Willingness to learn behavioral health and medical terminology.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.