After Hours Manager
Cornwall Community Hospital
November 30, 2020
Cornwall, ON, Canada
As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing 'Patient Safety' and our hospital's 'Senior Friendly Strategies' as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and 'The Workplace of Choice'. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Vice President of Patient Services & Chief Nursing Officer, the After-Hours Manager has a collaborative working relationship with all clinical staff, managers and physicians. Acting as the in-house manager after hours, this position communicates directly with and supports the Administrator on-call, as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care.
This position is responsible for patient flow, resource management, patient relations/complaints across the organization. This may include staff redeployment, authorization of overtime, liaising with other hospitals and facilities to support access to acute care at CCH.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Coordination of Patient Flow/Patient Care
- Staff Scheduling Issues
- Effective Patient/Family Relations
- Maintenance of a Safe and Healthy Work Environment
- Contributes to the Development of a Client Centred, Team-Based Learning Environment
KEY SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES
- Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 3-5 years healthcare managerial experience and/or equivalent healthcare experience
- Computer literacy and experience with an electronic health record
- Minimum 5 years current, relevant clinical experience
- Baccalaureate Degree preparation is preferred
- Functional proficiency in English, oral and written