January 1, 2021
Cornwall, ON, Canada
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED!
Operating tractor trailer equipment with the multi-speed transmission (Automatic or Manual) safely by adhering to all safety requirements
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform inspections of mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment of tractor trailer unit before, during, and after trips, including gauges, lighting and electrical systems, and visual checks of potential water, oil, fuel and air leaks.
- Connect and disconnect semi-trailer hoses
- Completing all applicable paperwork. Maintain up-to-date Driver Log throughout the duration of each shift.
- Responsible for communicating with Dispatch. Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers and co-workers in a professional manner
- Be able to perform physical work at times (lifting in excess of 50 lbs.)
- Use of satellite tracking equipment
- Observing and complying with rules and regulations of the Ministry of Transportation and the Highway Traffic Act
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this positions. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- Age - 23 or older
- License - AZ / Class 1 Driver's License
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this positions. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.