Behavior Intervention Facilitator
Ahkwesahse Mohawk Board of Education (AMBE)
July 26, 2021
Akwesasne, ON, Canada
Behaviour Intervention Facilitator
Salary: AMBE Facilitator Grid
The Ahkwesahsne Mohawk Board of Education (AMBE) was created in 1985 by the Mohawk Council of Akwesasn (MCA). AMBE is responsible for providing educational services to the Akwesasne Mohawk Community, including; 3 Schools that offer K4 to Grade 8 education; coordination of secondary education service in partnership with local school boards; adult education services; and post-secondary assistance. The Akwesasne Mohawk Community includes about 13,000 Peoples, and borders on the Canadian Provinces of Ontario and Quebec and the American State of New York.
Under the direct supervision of the Superintendent of Student Services, the incumbent is responsible for leading and working as a member of an integrated intervention team to support students with a range of behavioral concerns and/or life skills training in compliance with Board policies and procedures.
- Masters’ Degree in Education or in a related field is required.
- Bachelor Degree in Education or related field with minimum (5) five years related experience.
- Training and experience with a range of social-emotion, mental health and/or behavioural concerns is mandatory.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the AMBE key values of: integrity, equity and accountability with a focus on:
- Leadership: Positively influencing people and events
- Relationship Building: Developing and maintaining constructive relationships
- Communication:Clearly conveying and receiving messages
- Results Orientation: Knowing what results are important, focusing resources to achieve them
- Strategic Thinking: Taking a broad, long term view, assessing options, and implications
- Planning: Setting clear outcomes and indicators of success
- Culturally Awareness: Understanding of, and sensitivity to, the distinct Akwesasne Mohawk community, culture and language
All interested individuals must submit a letter of interest, resume and copies of certificates/diplomas no later than 2:00p.m. on July 26, 2021 to:
HR Generalist / Labour Relations
Ahkwesahsne Mohawk Board of Education
169 International Road
Akwesasne, ON K6H 0G5
- Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume
- A criminal records check is MANDATORY
- Native Preference in hiring
- Applicants MUST have a Canadian Social Insurance Number
- ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
All AMBE employees are required to be eligible to work in Canada, and have a valid passport to facilitate daily border crossing.