Salmon River Central School District
August 27, 2021
Fort Covington, NY, United States
Salmon River Bus Garage
In School Districts: Candidate must possess the appropriate level New York State Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger (“P”) and School (“S”) endorsements at the time of application and must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application Note: In addition, candidates must satisfy the requirements for School Bus Driver set forth in the New York Codes, Rules and Regulation Title 8, 156.3.
According to CSEA Contract
To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the district’s curriculum and extracurricular program.
- Obeys all traffic laws.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Maintains discipline when students are on bus.
- Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority.
- Keeps assigned bus clean.
- Keeps to assigned schedule.
- Checks bus before each operation for mechanical defects.
- Notifies the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or lateness.
- Discharges students only at authorized stops.
- Exercises responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips.
- Transports only authorized students.
- Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
- Enforces regulations against smoking and eating on the bus.
- Attends all scheduled meetings for the purpose of physicals, safety, and run selections.
- Observes all contractual obligations.
- Does occasional pick-up and delivery of materials for the district.
- Does related work as required.
Salmon River Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, creed, age, national ancestry, or handicapping condition. Under its Affirmative Action Policy, the District encourages qualified Native Americans to seek employment at Salmon River Central.