July 2, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
REPORTS TO: CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
DEADLINE TO APPLY: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
CAA Management is a locally owned and operated company within the Mohawk Territory of Akwesasne. It is the umbrella company for Twinleaf-branded convenience stores, fuel stations, food and beverage venues, and other interests. It is the mission of CAA Management to deliver quality goods and service to Akwesasne and the surrounding community.
This position is responsible for performing various remodeling jobs and other assignments. This job entails working in commercial and residential areas. The person should be self-motivated with quality construction and carpentry experience. They show passion in their work ensuring the job is done properly in a timely manner. To perform this job successfully an individual should be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to work independently or with a crew
- Use power tools safely and properly
- Will cut, fit and assemble wood and other materials used in construction of wood framed, steel framed and masonry buildings
- Performs preventative maintenance on power tools ensuring they stay working properly
- Have background experience working in residential and commercial construction and finish carpentry including but not limited to trim, crown molding, cabinets, windows, doors, plumbing, tiling, masonry, painting
- Prepare drawings for on-site construction projects
- Manages time effectively ensuring project completion
- Should be proficient in all aspects of carpentry
- Perform exterior/interior framing, concrete slab filling
- Must be able to perform simple measurement calculations
- Performs additional tasks given by the supervisor
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- Certified carpenter
- High attention to detail and good problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Valid driver’s license, CDL is considered an asset
- May include weekends, night, or holidays
To Apply: Online at www.twinleafstores.com and Submit letter of interest and resume to or send to CAA Management: c/o Jake Swamp, PO Box 609, 76 Geronimo Lane, Akwesasne, NY 13655.