July 2, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
POSITION: CASHIER (SMOKER’S WAREHOUSE - FIREWORKS)
REPORTS TO: STORE MANAGER
DEADLINE TO APPLY: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
CAA Management is a locally owned and operated company within the Mohawk Territory of Akwesasne. It is the umbrella company for Twinleaf-branded convenience stores, fuel stations, food and beverage venues, and other interests. It is the mission of CAA Management to deliver quality goods and service to Akwesasne and the surrounding community.
The Cashier will be responsible for all areas of service to the customer, including knowledge of headshop items and presentation of the store. This position is in a fast-pace environment with a high volume of customers during peak times. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to make a great, positive, and long lasting first impression
- Strong customer service and selling techniques
- Working knowledge of headshop items
- Effectively handle multiple customers while maintaining poise and upholding our customer service standards.
- Ability to maintain a cash drawer and effectively record transactions
- Work alongside your peers to ensure all products are neatly stocked and organized in their proper places
- Keep register counter tidy and presentable
- Maintain a high level of security and effective loss prevention strategies
- Cash handling and operation of POS (Point of Sale) touch screen register system
- Participate in company provided training on confidentiality, counterfeit money, and other trainings we may offer
- Greets customers in a friendly and professional matter
- Report any issues with machines and defective products to store supervisor
- Performs additional duties as requested by supervisor
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) is considered an asset
- Must be 18 years or older
- Knowledge of Headshop items is an asset.
- Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work efficiently under pressure during busy times
To Apply: Online at and Submit letter of interest and resume to or send to CAA Management: c/o Jake Swamp, PO Box 609, 76 Geronimo Lane, Akwesasne, NY 13655.