Covid-19 Health Screener (Temporary)
MCA, Dept. of Health
January 29, 2021
Akwesasne, QC, Canada
Job Title: Covid-19 Health Screener (Temporary)
Department: Department of Health
Date: September 29, 2020
Immediate Supervisor: Director
Other (Vital Service)
(Vulnerable Sector): Vital Service Employee
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
This position provides COVID-19 Respiratory Screenings to incoming employees and visitors to the Kanonkwatsheri:io
Health Facility. Provide direction for community and enforce the appropriate follow up for any person failing the
respiratory screener. In order to be successful in this role one must possess the following characteristics: Quick
Learner, Strong Interpersonal Skills with all communication mediums, Creative and Innovative, Fosters Teamwork,
Demonstrates Leadership Qualities, Strong Organization and Planning Skills, Ability to Solve Problems, but knows when
to ask for input and help. Excellent responsiveness and quick follow-up to requests are key. This is a temporary, non-
benefitted position that will work 40 hours per week Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 – 5:00 p.m.
This position reports to the Director of Health. This position requires a high level of trust, accountability and the ability
to maintain confidential information.
- Administer COVID-19 screening questionnaire to each employee/visitor.
- Check employee/visitor temperatures using non-contact infrared thermometers, thermal imaging kiosk, or call for assistance of a nurse to perform temperature utilizing tympanic or other means (i.e. their own thermometer).
- Ensure all employees/visitors entering the health facility are screened.
- Maintain a detailed long of daily screenings. Utilizing tablet and online screening tool to maintain information of all staff that enter.
- Sanitization of screening station
- Takes direction from the Director
- Works directly with the staff
- Works with MCA Directors, Managers, Supervisors
- Works with Community Members
This position is inside the Health Facility in a normal office environment. It has frequent contact with the employees and public. Due to the exposure risk, the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for this position. The noise level in this building varies, but is usually moderately quiet. General office hazards are present. The COVID-19 Health Screener will be working in an open environment dealing with the public. The appropriate use of barriers, social distancing and face coverings are measures to mitigate any risk to any individual. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of Akwesasne and surrounding areas;
- Knowledge of community – who we are and what we do;
- Knowledge of Mohawk culture and traditions;
- Knowledge of Mohawk Language is an asset.
To fulfill the responsibilities in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of the General Personnel Policy (GPP), Departmental Standard Operating Procedures, and any and all Administrative Directives and policies.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma/GED: Experience in healthcare setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Abilities, Skills and Aptitudes
- Requires ability to work independently under general direction.
- Must be able to take precise notes, clear with directions as there may be persons with difficult behaviors.
- Effective interpersonal relationships
- Willingness to learn continuously
Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
PO Box 90
Akwesasne, Quebec, H0M 1A0
101 Tewesateni Road
Akwesasne, Ontario, K6H 0G5