July 30, 2021
Ottawa, ON, Canada
AFOA Canada is the national centre for excellence and innovation in Indigenous management, finance and governance. Established in 1999, the Association is the only organization in Canada that focuses on the capacity development and day to day needs of Indigenous professionals working in all areas of management, finance and governance - today’s leaders and those of the future.
AFOA Canada is looking for an energetic candidate to join the Education and Membership team. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining various certified education programs offered by AFOA Canada. These could include any of AFOA Canada’s certified education programs.
The Education Administrator coordinates and conducts course sessions and facilitator orientation sessions, provides support to students and potential students, manages student and potential student records. The Administrator also prepares statistical analysis and manages program course inventory. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the certified education programs content within their purview is up-to-date on the AFOA Canada database, website, and education portal. This position will liaise with project partners and stakeholders of colleges, universities and post-secondary institutions to promote AFOA Canada’s certified education programs.
Reporting to the Manager, Education and Membership, the Education Administrator will be a key member of the Education and Training team, bringing a strong client service focus.
- Possess a post-secondary diploma and 3-5 years of related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience supporting students administratively to complete their studies
- Experience working with databases and software applications including membership management software and MS Office
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic mathematical ability is required
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Ability to take direction and be a team player as well as to work independently
- Additional preference may be provided to those who are fluent in French and/or an Indigenous language
This is a full-time permanent position at the AFOA Canada office in Ottawa, Ontario; remote work may be considered. An attractive compensation is offered for this position. Preference will be given to qualified Indigenous applicants; please self-identify.
AFOA Canada is committed to accommodating people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified candidates may also be considered for other similar positions. Applicants with fewer qualifications may be considered for appointment at a lower level.
If you are qualified and attracted to assisting AFOA Canada achieve our goals, please provide your resume and cover letter in strict confidence by May 14, 2021 by email to HR-Staffing@afoa.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED