Electrical Project Manager
May 8, 2021
Arnprior, ON, Canada
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Work Location: Arnprior, Ontario
M. Sullivan & Son Ltd. (Sullivan), one of Canada's oldest family-owned construction companies located in Arnprior, Ontario, is currently looking for an Electrical Project Manager. We provide a dynamic work environment and offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Project Managers are paid mileage for all travel to and from project sites.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Manager, Civil Electrical Group, the Project Manager has overall accountability for managing assigned projects from Estimate to Closure including but not limited to safety, schedule and cost management, change management, quality control, sub-contractor management, project documentation and shop drawings.
The Project Manager is accountable for decision making on assigned projects relative to profit and schedule, and is expected to operate with a high degree of independence.
Projects related to civil electric.
While the Project Manager is responsible for a multitude of duties, the main functions include:
- Managing full-cycle projects including design, scheduling and budget
- Maintaining the project schedule to assure deadlines are met on time and on budget
- Managing change requests and executing change orders throughout the project
- Communicating plans and progress reports to stakeholders and team members
- Attend pre-job site visits and mark-up and/or kick-off meetings are required
- In conjunction with the Safety Officer, communicate and enforce safety standards
- Provide support as required to on-site staff with dispute resolution and other identified issues
- Monitor supplier and sub-trade performance throughout the project, complete supplier and sub-trade evaluations as required by the quality control program
- In conjunction with the Project Coordinator, request and coordinate project close-out documentation including warranties, operation and maintenance manuals, etc.
Success in this position will include, but not be limited to, the use of project management techniques, pre-project planning, planning/estimating/scheduling, engineering management and construction management.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Possession of or commitment to obtaining Gold Seal Certification or PMP designation (construction)
- Post secondary education in Engineering, or related field of study
- Professional designation (P. Eng) is an asset
- 10+ years of electrical project management experience
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Government clearance
Sullivan celebrates diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are interested in.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.