Food Server (The Tavern)
Akwesasne Mohawk Casino
July 2, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
SUMMARY: Candidate must exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with our guests and fellow associates. Must be articulate, motivated & customer service oriented. Display a thorough knowledge of all menu selections and daily specials, along with answer questions and makes suggestions to guests. The position requires the ability to work flexible hours, be reliable and responsible for scheduled shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with our guests and fellow associates.
- Greets guests, answers questions and makes menu suggestions.
- Provides friendly and efficient service to all guests in assigned outlet.
- Displays a thorough knowledge of all menu selections and daily specials. Answers questions and makes suggestions. Informs guests of any available specialty items.
- Completes all assigned cleaning and maintenance tasks according to all F&B S.O.P.’s.
- Up-sells food, wine and liquor.
- Learn or have knowledge of the Micros System.
- Adheres to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Must become TIPS certified and have a solid comprehension of the training.
- Other duties/venue as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully complete the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Serve Safe and Safety training is required as part of the training.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand and walk. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. The position exists in a casino work environment where there is frequent and regular exposure of the associate to noise and cigarette smoke from the casino floor.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must obtain and maintain St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Work Permit License which requires a criminal background check to be used solely for employment purposes. Failure to disclose required information will result in rescinding the job offer. Successful candidates for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed. In case of a positive result, the candidate is not eligible for employment with the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort. Employment will not begin until process is complete.
“The Mohawk Gaming Enterprise is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.”
Website, click here.