Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
July 14, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
Job Code: 33-9031
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort
Department: Gaming Inspectors
Reports to: Lead Gaming Inspector
SUMMARY: The St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming Commission employs and directs non-uniformed inspectors to enter and inspect any gaming facility on tribal land in which games are operated pursuant to the St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming Ordinance, the Tribal-State Compact between the St. Regis Mohawk Tribe and the State of New York and the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act of 1988. Such inspectors shall be employed and directed for the purpose of protecting the Tribe, the Gaming Public, and the Tribe’s gaming operations from unsuitable, unfair, or illegal practices and methods in the conduct of gaming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and observe management, employees, and patrons of tribal gaming facilities to ensure internal controls and regulations are practiced.
- Conduct regular audits of the Tribe’s gaming facilities, testing for compliance to all written standards of operation and management as provided in the SRMT Ordinance, the Nation/State Compact, or IGRA which shall include:The rules of each game of chance operated by the gaming operations;
Permissible methods of payment;
Internal organization and management of the gaming operations;
Security and surveillance methods;
Accounting and cash control procedures; and
Other record keeping requirements.
- Testing of electronic gaming devices and systems which shall include:Testing and verification of game program storage media;
Bill testing of electronic gaming machines and systems;
Field testing of electronic gaming devices and systems; and
Other testing as required.
- Investigate and report to the Lead Inspector or designee:
- Complete all reports in a neat, timely, and professional manner.
- Maintain the strictest level of confidentiality regarding all gaming related documents and business matters.
- Work scheduled shifts as assigned.
- Cooperate with other regulatory agencies and/or law enforcement personnel.
- Adhere to dress code as established by the Commission
- Ensure construction and maintenance of all gaming facilities and the operation of all activities is conducted in a manner that adequately protects the environment and public health and safety of all individuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels across the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a changing environment.
- Must possess highly developed analytical skills and the ability to think creatively about ways to analyze operations.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and files maintained within the St. Tribal Gaming Commission, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
- Must obtain and maintain a Class III occupational gaming license issued from the St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming Commission.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university, and a minimum of one year’s experience in gaming.
Equivalent mix of training, certification, education and experience; and a minimum of two years’ experience in gaming.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, outlook, and experience with varying databases. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form and solve practical problems.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of non-discrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.