Home Health Aid (7)
Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
July 2, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED!
JOB CODE: 31-1011
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
DEPARTMENT: Outreach Chronic Care
DIVISION: Health Services
REPORTS TO: Outreach Supervisor
To provide personal care, housekeeping, ROM (Range of Motion) exercises, assist with medications, and most importantly provide companionship to the elderly and medically ill patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Maintain records of client care, condition, progress, or problems
- Report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager
- Assist with range of motion exercises
- Provide personal care; moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
- Provide housekeeping including but not limited to; changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, and cleaning.
- Administer prescribed oral medications, under the written direction of physician or as directed by registered nurse, and ensure patients take their medicine.
- Entertain, converse with or read aloud to clients to keep them mentally healthy and alert
- Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to clients, according to prescribed diets
- Accompany clients to doctors’ offices and on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance
- Other duties as assigned
Education And/or Experience: High School Diploma, no experience needed will provide on the job training.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Communication both orally and written; knowledge of Mohawk language and traditions is preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Must be at least 21 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.