Akwesasne Mohawk Casino
April 30, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
Requisition ID: 1326
Salary Range: $12.5000 Hourly Onwards
Job Title: Host Cashier
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
License: Work Permit
SUMMARY: The hostess is a personal representation of the service and overall hospitality of the staff of Native Harvest Buffet. The Host is responsible for greeting arriving guests, welcoming them into the establishment and seating them. The Host controls the flow of seating and wait list of guests. While guests are waiting to be seated, it is the job of the hostess to ensure that the guests are made comfortable and kept informed of the status of their wait times. The Host is also responsible for operating a cash register and able to balance all monies, coupons, comps and receipts at the end of shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with our guests and fellow associates.
- Greets guests, escorts them to tables, and provides menus.
- Tracks and assigns seats in accordance with established procedures
- Addresses complaints of patrons to their immediate Supervisor.
- Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
- Collects payment from guests
- Operates a cash register to assist food servers with guests’ transactions.
- Ensures all money, coupons, comps and receipts are balanced at the end of the shift.
- Remains current on all coupons, promotions, and certificates that apply to all food outlets.
- Learn or have knowledge of the Micros system.
- Must become TIPS certified and have a solid comprehension of the training.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully complete the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Serve Safe and Safety is a required as part of the training.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other associates of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. This position is light work. This position requires balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, repetitive motions, and machine operators some beverage equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. The position exists in a casino work environment where there is occasional exposure of the associate to noise and cigarette smoke from the casino floor.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must obtain and maintain a St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming Work Permit. Successful candidates for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed. In case of a positive result, the candidate is not eligible for employment with the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort. Employment will not begin until process is complete.