Hotel House Person
Akwesasne Mohawk Casino
July 2, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
SUMMARY: The hotel house person is responsible for performing all the behind the scenes maintenance with a high level of quality in accordance to hotel standards to ensure hotel rooms and facilities are clean and functioning properly. The house person will assist all hotel staff members in cleaning and preparing rooms for guests and larger areas for events. The house person must be able to move, be able to lift things and exhibit a professional attitude toward their work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Greets and welcomes customers with a smile, and takes pride in being an Akwesasne Mohawk Casino team member.
- Provides minor maintenance duties
- Ensuring quality and clean facilities throughout the hotel, the house person cleans and maintain lobby, halls and bathrooms
- Stocks guest rooms with towels and linens, furnishing and any other supplies a guest may need or request.
- Vacuums carpets, dust furniture, empty wastebaskets and mop bathroom floors
- Responsible for the heavier cleaning, cleaning exterior windows,
- Shovel snow in walkways and emergency exits
- Assist with Bellman duties
- Ensure house person room is kept clean tidy and organized at all times
- Assist housekeeping staff with laundry removal and unit cleaning
- General Office errands
- Any other reasonable requests as made by the Hotel Front Desk Manager, Duty housekeeping Supervisor, Reservations manager. Etc.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Observes and adheres to Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to respond calmly and handle many customers’ demands in a fast paced environment, strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Will perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully complete the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred. Previous experience within the areas is considered an asset.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and write a limited number of two- and three-syllable words. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms. The associate frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must push, pull and or lift 50 to 100 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
REQUIRED LICENSING: Must obtain and maintain a St. Regis Mohawk tribal gaming work permit which requires a criminal background check to be used solely for employment purposes. Successful candidates for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substance prior to employment being confirmed. In case of a positive result, the candidate is not eligible for employment with the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino or Mohawk Bingo Palace. Employment will not begin until process is complete.
“The Mohawk Gaming Enterprise is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.”
Website, click here.