Akwesasne Mohawk Casino
April 30, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
Requisition ID: 1332
Salary Range: $12.8000 Hourly Onwards
Job Title: Hotel Housekeeper
Department: Department of Hotel Operations
Reports To: Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The hotel housekeeper is responsible for cleaning hotel guest rooms with a high level of quality in accordance to hotel standards. The ideal candidate will promote a positive image of the property by displaying a pleasant and upbeat personality during each guest interaction and be comfortable responding to and carrying out specific guest needs and requests. Ensuring the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms is of utmost importance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Greets and welcomes guests with a smile and takes pride in Akwesasne Mohawk Casino/Hotel team member
- Responsible for cleaning, organizing and restocking the guestrooms.
- Making sure each hotel room has enough hygiene products, stationery, clean drink ware and refreshments in the mini- bar.
- Must take all the linens off a bed and lay a clean under-pad on the mattress before placing clean fitted sheets and blankets over the bed, centering them, and tucking them in using hospital corners and replace pillowcases and cover bed with bedspread. Place dirty items into laundry bin for cleaning
- Dust and vacuum on a daily basis and pay attention to furniture, lamps etc. in entire room.
- Clean bathrooms, must always be clean and sanitary so mold and bacteria do not accumulate. Clean and disinfect the toilet and seat, bathtubs, sinks, shower curtains, mirrors, vanity, chrome and refill toilet paper, soap, shampoo and place new towels.
- Must remove garbage replace new liners in receptacles, light bulbs, clean cups stationary etc.
- Make sure the smoke detectors work, check batteries in the remote control.
- Must examine room and take notes of a broken or nonfunctional item within the room, bathroom, she/he must immediately report it to maintenance or the supervisor.
- Need an array of cleaning skills, as well as the endurance needed to spend a large portion of the workday on their feet and occasional lifting.
- Must be able to follow instructions, possess strong work ethic and positive attitude toward job, on top of things, reliable and able to work well independently.
- Observes and adheres to Akwesasne Mohawk Casino safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibility.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully complete the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum qualifications: Some High school.
Preferred qualifications: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Previous experience cleaning.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The associate frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. They are also required to push cleaning cart and operate vacuums.
- Must be able to push or lift approximately 50 lbs of furniture, equipment, trash and linens.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to; toxic chemicals, and airborne particles; this position exists within a Hotel environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must obtain and maintain a St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming work permit which requires a criminal background check to be used solely for employment purposes. Successful candidates for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed. In case of a positive result, the candidate is not eligible for employment with the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort. Employment will not begin until process is complete.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY: The Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort gives preference to Native Americans who meet the minimum qualifications for the posted position and who are enrolled members of a Tribe. Applicants not entitled to Native Preference will receive consideration without discrimination based on age, sex, disability or national origin.
“The Mohawk Gaming Enterprise is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.”