Akwesasne Mohawk Casino
April 30, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
Requisition ID: 1321
Job Title: Housekeeper
Department: Casino Services
Reports To: Housekeeping Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: The Casino housekeeper is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all public and associate areas of the casino property, and its off-site facilities, with a high level of quality in accordance to Casino standards. The ideal candidate will promote a positive image of the property by displaying a pleasant and upbeat personality during each guest interaction and be comfortable responding to and carrying out specific guest needs and requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with our guests and fellow associates.
- Performs general cleaning of entire casino, excluding the kitchen and bar areas.
- Cleans, vacuums, all on-site offices and off-site facilities as assigned.
- Transports all trash to dumpsters
- Cleans and maintains front entryway and Porte Cochere of all trash and ashtrays.
- Maintains a maintenance schedule for floor care: strip, wax, buff all linoleum floors; extract and buff carpets; clean grout on all tile floors and seal.
- Cleans and maintain all floor thresholds.
- Polishes all brass on doors and bar.
- Extract gaming tables.
- Maintains maintenance program for all machines.
- Reports all repairs of machines to Department Manager.
- Stain and Gum removal
- Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience while being able to project a professional appearance to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals
- Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol services by discreetly notifying appropriate managers of concerns and observations.
- Ensure prompt and discreet notification to managers of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
- Promote positive guest and team member relations at all times.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Housekeeping Manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully complete the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The associate frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. They are also required to push cleaning cart and operate vacuums.
- Must be able to push or lift approximately 50 to 100lbs of furniture, equipment, trash and linens.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to; toxic or caustic chemicals, or fumes or airborne particles; to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places, outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock;
this position exists within a casino environment where the associate is often exposed to cigarette smoke from the gaming floor.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY: The Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort gives preference to Native Americans who meet the minimum qualifications for the posted position and who are enrolled members of a Tribe. Applicants not entitled to Native Preference will receive consideration without discrimination based on age, sex, disability or national origin.
“The Mohawk Gaming Enterprise is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.”