Human Resource Generalist
Ahkwesahse Mohawk Board of Education (AMBE)
July 12, 2021
Akwesasne, ON, Canada
HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST
Full Time Indefinite Position
Salary: SP 04 ST2 - $58,304.63
The Ahkwesahsne Mohawk Board of Education (AMBE) was created in 1985 by the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne (MCA). AMBE is responsible for providing educational services to the Akwesasne Mohawk Community, including; 3 Schools that offer Head Start to Grade 8 education; coordination of secondary education service in partnership with local school boards; adult education services; and post-secondary assistance. The Akwesasne Mohawk Community includes about 13,000 Peoples, and borders on the Canadian Provinces of Ontario and Quebec and the American State of New York.
Under the supervision of the Senior HR Generalist / Labor Relations, the incumbent is responsible for assisting all AMBE / ACCP / Iohahiio personnel in all aspects of Human Resources. Responds to inquiries and provides general information on HR related processes, procedures, policies and guidelines to AMBE /ACCP / Iohahiio staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field with; 2 years of experience in the HR field.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Human Resources or a related field together with four years' experience in the HR field.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the AMBE key values of: integrity, equity and accountability with a focus on:
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively and productively with others to achieve results
- Service Oriented: Meeting or exceeding student and school needs
- Communication: Clearly conveying and receiving messages
- Results Orientation: Knowing what results are important, focusing resources to achieve them
- Planning: Setting clear outcomes and indicators of success
- Culturally Awareness: Understanding of, and sensitivity to, the distinct Akwesasne Mohawk community, culture and language
All interested individuals must submit a letter of interest, resume and copies of certificates/diplomas no later than 2:00p.m. on July 12, 2021 to:
HRGeneralist / Labour Relations
Ahkwesahsne Mohawk Board of Education
169 International Rd Akwesasne, ON K6H 0G5
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume
- A criminal records check is MANDATORY
- Native Preference in hiring
- Applicants MUST have a Canadian Social Insurance Number
- ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
All AMBE employees are required to be eligible to work in Canada, and have a valid passport to facilitate daily border crossing.
Apply Here: http://www.ambe.ca/employment