Intensive Case Manager
Canadian Mental Health Association
January 29, 2021
Casselman, ON, Canada
The Canadian Mental Health Association - Champlain East is a community-based agency dedicated to providing community support services to persons living with a mental illness and concurrent disorders. Our Branch has been designated under the French Language Services Act since 1991 and as such, is committed to providing services in both official languages (French and English).
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To provide community support services to persons with a severe and/or persistent mental illness or concurrent disorder, with the goal of independent living, community integration and the least reliance on the formal mental health system. The service is individualized and portable.
The Intensive Case Manager (ICM) is responsive to the clients’ multiple and changing needs, and plays a pivotal role in coordinating required services from across the mental health system as well as other service systems. The ICM fulfils a vital function for the clients by working with them to realize their personal recovery goals.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the Manager of Programs, Intensive Case Management
- University degree in the Social Science/Health field with related work experience as a Case Manager working with people with emotional/psychiatric difficulties.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Awareness of local community resources
- Demonstrated abilities in working with minimum supervision, working alone and as part of a team
- Demonstrated organizational skills
Proficiency in both official languages is an asset and for designated positions, proficiency in both official languages is a requirement as per the Branch’s French language Designation Plan
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Develop individualized Assessment and Plan of Action.
- Provide service in both individual and group format.
- Provide community based support services as required.
- Link client to appropriate community services and supports.
- Coordinate client services through collaboration with other agencies.
- Monitor, record and evaluate the achievement of client goals.
- Collect data relevant for program evaluation.
- Work flexible hours to meet the needs of the client (evening and weekend hours required)
- Participate in program development, improvement activities, and staff meetings.
- Participate in professional development.
- Identify gaps and needed modifications in services and bring these to the attention of your immediate supervisor.
- Works in programs of the Branch, and can be transferred from one program to another as the needs arise and/or the Branch sees fit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director or designate.
Start date is flexible depending on availability.
35 hours / week - Contract until the end of November 2021.
If you have any difficulties please contact us at 613-933-5845 and we will be happy to help.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for the position
will be contacted. The Branch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation will be
provided in all parts of the hiring process as required. Applicants need to make their needs
known in advance.