Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
January 1, 2021
Akwesasne, ON, Canada
The Ahkwesahsne Mohawk Board of Education (AMBE) was created in 1985 by the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne (MCA). AMBE is responsible for providing educational services to the Akwesasne Mohawk Community, including; 3 Schools that offer K4 to Grade 8 education; coordination of secondary education service in partnership with local school boards; adult education services; and post-secondary assistance. The Akwesasne Mohawk Community includes about 13,000 Peoples, and borders on the Canadian Provinces of Ontario and Quebec and the American State of New York.
Under the direction and supervision of the School Principal, the incumbent will provide instruction/support to all students under his/her charge following the prescribed Kanien’kéha curriculum guidelines; maintain lesson plans and long range instructional plans; develop and implement a sound timetable of daily instructional assignments; establish high standards for pupil behaviour and academic growth; prepare reports on attendance, conduct and program; be aware of the needs of the school learner; be able to work as part of a team in a challenging but rewarding environment; and perform any other related duties as necessary.
- Ontario Teaching Certificate in the Primary or Junior Divisions or NYS Certification N-6 or Intermediate Qualifications;
- Teaching experience is an asset;
- MUST be fluent in Kanien’kéha;
- Uncertified applicants with fluency & experience will be considered.
The Successful candidate will demonstrate the AMBE key values of: integrity, equity and accountability with a focus on:
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively and productively with others to achieve results;
- Service Oriented: Meeting or exceeding student and school needs;
- Communication: Clearly conveying and receiving messages;
- Results Orientation: Knowing what results are important, focusing resources to achieve them;
- Planning: Setting clear outcomes and indicators of success;
- Cultural Awareness: Understanding of, and sensitivity to, the distinct Akwesasne Mohawk community, culture and language.
All interested individuals must submit a letter of interest, resume and copies of certificates/diplomas to:
HR Generalist / Labour Relations
Ahkwesahsne Mohawk Board of Education
P.O. Box 819
Cornwall, ON K6H 5T7
Or hand deliver to AMBE Office located behind Peace
Or email : email@example.com
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume
- A criminal records check is MANDATORY
- Native Preference in hiring
- Applicants MUST have a Canadian Social Insurance Number
- ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
All AMBE employees are required to be eligible to work in Canada, and have a valid passport to facilitate daily border crossing.