Akwesasne Mohawk Casino
April 30, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
Requisition ID: 1328
Salary Range: $12.5000 Hourly Onwards
Job Title: Kitchen Utility
Department: FOOD & BEVERAGE
Reports To: Sous Chef or Lead Line Supervisor & or Manager
FLSA Status: PT/Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Ensures sanitation in assigned kitchen. Keeps kitchen area clean and orderly and adheres to food and beverage safety policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with our guests and fellow associates.
- Sign in on shift report.
- Prepare a tub of pre-soak for silverware.
- Check dishwasher chemicals and replace as necessary.
- Clean and put away all dishes in the correct areas
- Sweep and mop entire kitchen at the end of every shift, spot sweeping and mopping throughout the shift as needed.
- Thoroughly cleans dish machine and SOMAT machine after dishes have been completed
- Clean bus carts at the beginning of every shift.
- Wash pots, pans, silverware, glassware and plates as needed throughout the shift.
- Wipe down dish areas at end of every shift.
- Replace mop water as needed.
- Sweep and mop buffet line at the end of every shift.
- Remove trash and boxes from kitchens as needed.
- Keeps kitchen in good sanitary condition (e.g. mops floor, runs dishwasher, cleans walls, coolers, and equipment).
- Keeps work area clean and orderly
- Assists in training new associates
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully complete the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum qualifications: Some high school
Preferred qualifications: High School diploma or (GED) general education degree and up to one month related experience and training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations, using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. The position exists in a casino work environment where there is occasional exposure of the associate to extreme heat, load noises, hazards and oil. The position exists in a casino work environment where there is regular and frequent exposure of the associate to noise and cigarette smoke from the casino floor.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must obtain and maintain a St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming Work Permit which requires a background check to be used solely for employment purposes. Failure to disclose required information will result in rescinding the job offer. Successful candidates for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed. In case of a positive result, the candidate is not eligible for employment with the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY: The Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort gives preference to Native Americans who meet the minimum qualifications for the posted position and who are enrolled members of a Tribe. Applicants not entitled to Native Preference will receive consideration without discrimination based on age, sex, disability or national origin.
“The Mohawk Gaming Enterprise is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.”