Legal Clinic Coordinator
July 16, 2021
Akwesasne, QC, Canada
LEGAL CLINIC COORDINATOR
FULL TIME TERM POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
SALARY LEVEL: HS07 ST 2 $44,029.22
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Court Administrator, the incumbent will provide community members with guidance and assistance with subsequent legal challenges due to their victimizations. Incumbent will assist the victim and their family during any court action presently before the Ontario courts. Will work with other agencies and programs on and off-reserve, to establish a list of resources, programs and services for community members which may include outside agencies which assist victims of crime.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work or a related field, with two years’ experience working with First Nations;
- A Certificate in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Paralegal Studies with five years’ experience working with First Nations;
- Experience working in public
All interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and copies of all relevant certificates/diplomas along with three references submitted on a Consent to Release Reference Check form, which can be found on the akwesasne.ca website under Employment. Applications should be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, July 16, 2021 to:
Shayleen Thompson, HR Staffing Officer
Administration Building #1
Phone: (613) 575-2250, ext. 2147
- Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
- Native preference in hiring.
- A criminal record check is mandatory before start of employment.
- As a requirement of employment, all applicants must have a Canadian Social Insurance number.
- An eligibility list will be created for one year.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted (MCA may cancel, postpone, or revise employment opportunities at any time)