Licensed Practical Nurse
StateJobsNY, Office For People with Developmental Disabilities
November 20, 2021
Tupper Lake, NY, United States
Vacancy ID: 83752
Agency: People With Developmental Disabilities, Office for
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Occupational Category: Health Care, Human/Social Services
Salary Grade: 10
Bargaining Unit: APSU-Agency Police Services Unit (PBAofNYS)
Salary Range: From $38875 to $47709 Annually
Employment Type: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Jurisdictional Class: Competitive Class
Travel Percentage: 0%
Hours Per Week: 40
From: 8 AM
To: 4:30 PM
Flextime allowed? No
Mandatory overtime? Yes
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Telecommuting allowed? No
Street Address: 2445 State Route 30
City: Tupper Lake
Zip Code: 12986
Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for this title; OR for Transfer Opportunity: Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Licensed Practical Nurse and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be in a title deemed appropriate for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. In addition, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State. Open Competitive Opportunity (Open to the Public) • A license and current registration to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State; OR • A limited permit to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York State; OR • An application on file for a limited permit to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York State. (You must be appointed immediately following graduation from an approved school of practical nursing in New York State to qualify under this option.*) *Note: If you are appointed with a limited permit or have an application on file for a limited permit, you MUST obtain your license within ONE year of the date your limited permit was issued or steps will be taken to remove you from the position. To apply as an open competitive candidate, please complete the New York State Application (http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submit it with your resume and other application materials. You must have a license AND current registration certificate, issued by the State Education Department, to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York State. Questions regarding requirements for licensure and registration should be directed to the New York State Education Department, Office of the State Board for Nursing, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12237 or by calling (518) 474 3817. The State Education Department may also be contacted by e-mail at Upon appointment you must submit proof of a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State. If you fail to maintain your license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State, appropriate measures may be pursued to remove you from this position.
- PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Monitor the conditions of the Individuals in their assigned worksite in order to detect indications of changes in condition or responses to medication or therapy.
- Identify symptoms of illnesses and changes in conditions manifested by individuals, and report such symptoms or changes to a physician or registered nurse in order to provide information useful in diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Take temperatures, pulse rates, blood pressures and respiration rates using thermometers, manometers, stethoscopes;
- Administer all injectable, j-tube and g-tube medications to assigned individuals.
- Implement and monitor the g-tube and j-tube feedings, including changing g-tubes as necessary.
- Implement catheterization orders, trach care, deep oral and pharyngeal suctioning.
- Assist individuals in collecting urine, stool and other specimens in order to obtain such samples for analysis.
- Prepare and maintain charts and other records and treatments administered in order to document such conditions and activities.
- Perform inventory of current medical supplies and medications to determine the need for ordering new supplies or medications.
- Perform “Direct Care” duties as assigned
- For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
- Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
- All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
- If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit
- Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at to obtain information and RA forms.
- OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
- Please note that the filling of this position is pending fiscal approval and authorization.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Name: Sunmount DDSOO HR Office
Street: 2445 State Route 30
City: Tupper Lake
Zip Code: 12986
ORIGINAL POSTING: https://statejobs.ny.gov/public/vacancyDetailsView.cfm?id=83752