StateJobsNY, Office For People with Developmental Disabilities
November 20, 2021
Tupper Lake, NY, United States
Vacancy ID: 83582
Agency: People With Developmental Disabilities, Office for
Title: Licensed Psychologist
Occupational Category: Health Care, Human/Social Services
Salary Grade: 25
Bargaining Unit: PS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary Range: From $91794 to $102661 Annually
Employment Type: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Jurisdictional Class: Competitive Class
Travel Percentage: 0%
Hours Per Week: 40
From: 8 AM
To: 4:30 PM
Flextime allowed? No
Mandatory overtime? No
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Telecommuting allowed? No
Street Address: 2445 State Route 30
City: Tupper Lake
Zip Code: 12986
Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for this title;
OR for Transfer Opportunity:
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Licensed Psychologist and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be in a title deemed appropriate for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. In addition, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice psychology in New York State;
Must have one year of permanent service in a title within two (2) salary grades of G-25, and have a passing score and current status on the Licensed Psychologist eligible list to be eligible for transfer under § 70.4 of the Civil Service Law;
Licensed Psychologist is a continuous recruitment examination. Candidates who are not currently on the eligible list may apply for this position and if appointed, will receive a temporary appointment. To qualify, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice psychology in New York State. To apply for this examination, candidates must submit a completed NYS-APP form with their resume. A NYS-APP form can be obtained by emailing NYS Department of Civil Service: email@example.com.
Note: Candidates appointed temporary must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed. Candidates who are found not qualified or who do not receive a reachable score may not be retained.
The New York State Education Department's Office of the Professions is responsible for licensure of psychologists in New York State. For information on licensure requirements and to obtain an application form, you may link to the Office of the Professions' website.
As a Licensed Psychologist, you would supervise and/or provide professional psychological services. In addition to assessment and treatment, your duties may include:
- Clinical leadership.
- Program Management.
- Psychological services requiring expertise in neuropsychology, child and adolescent psychology, sex offense treatment.
- Forensic or court ordered assessment, treatment and expert testimony.
- Specialized assessment (functional, personality, risk, competency, vocational, education).
- Design and application of behavioral technology and other specialized psychological interventions.
- Crisis intervention
- Peer review
- Please note, the posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 25 ($81,446), along with any special salary treatments in effect for this position in this location, such as an Increased Hiring Salary ($10,348).
- The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with any agreed upon Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and the local DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies
- For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored
- Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
- All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
- If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
- Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
- OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Please note that the filling of this position is pending fiscal approval and authorization.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Name: Sunmount DDSOO HR Office
Email Address: email@example.com
Street: 2445 State Route 30
City: Tupper Lake
Zip Code: 12986