January 1, 2021
Cornwall, ON, Canada
The Bag Machine Operator reports to the Production Supervisor. Machine Operator operates machinery in the most efficient manner possible creating a minimum amount of waste. Operator is responsible for the quality and quantity of material being produced. Follow/support Food Safety and Quality Guidelines. Works safely at all times, keeps work area clean and performs duties required for the day-to-day operation of his/her specific work area.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Safety by following safety rules & guidelines.
- Responsible for reporting unsafe conditions or unsafe acts observed during the work shift.
- Correctly reads and understands a Work Order.
- Removes the bags from the machines for packaging.
- Responsible for correct count and quantity of bags in boxes or master containers.
- Assembling and labeling cartons.
- Work is completed within established standards of accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to consistently produce less than 1% of non-conforming product.
- Capable of quickly correcting non-conformances in process.
- Completes set-ups and order changes as required.
- Monitors running conditions on a regular basis.
- Stores material in proper location.
- Assists other operators on machines and helps to move pallets to and from machines.
- Complete Work Orders for Equipment Problems.
- Able to communicate with co-workers and management.
- Able to take direction from Supervisor and Lead Hands.
Education and experience recommended for the position.
Grade 12 Diploma
· 2 - 3 years experience working in a Production environment.
· Mechanical Aptitude
· Must be proficient in the English language - speak, write and read.
Physical Demand Analysis is available upon request