August 6, 2021
Cornwall, ON, Canada
$19.07 - $19.61 Machine Operator
Cornwall, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 1245
The Bag Machine Operator reports to the Production Supervisor. Machine Operator operates machinery in the most efficient manner possible creating a minimum amount of waste. Operator is responsible for the quality and quantity of material being produced. Follow/support Food Safety and Quality Guidelines. Works safely at all times, keeps work area clean and performs duties required for the day-to-day operation of his/her specific work area.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Safety by following safety rules & guidelines
- Responsible for reporting unsafe conditions or unsafe acts observed during the work shift
- Correctly reads and understands a Work Order
- Removes the bags from the machines for packaging
- Responsible for correct count and quantity of bags in boxes or master containers
- Assembling and labeling cartons
- Work is completed within established standards of accuracy and efficiency
- Able to consistently produce less than 1% of non-conforming product
- Capable of quickly correcting non-conformances in process
- Completes set-ups and order changes as required
- Monitors running conditions on a regular basis
- Stores material in proper location
- Assists other operators on machines and helps to move pallets to and from machines
- Complete Work Orders for Equipment Problem
- Able to communicate with co-workers and management
- Able to take direction from Supervisor and Lead Hands
Education and experience recommended for the position.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- 2 - 3 years experience working in a Production environment.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Must be proficient in the English language - speak, write and read.
Physical Demand Analysis is available upon request.