Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
December 10, 2020
Akwesasne, NY, United States
Job Code: 49-1011
Salary Range: $46,000.00 - $76,000.00
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Under the supervision of the Director, the Maintenance Supervisor performs an important leadership role within the Department by supervising and coordinating activates of the assigned Maintenance Crew Leaders. Ensures that all standards and policies are adhered to in relation to maintenance of buildings, grounds and attachments of the SRMT, facilities are maintained to the highest standards, are in good repair, with an emphasis on safety and security of staff, clients, and community accessible properties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Monitors all Q-Ware (QW) work order requests, maintains activity records of QW program, ensures work orders and repair projects are completed on schedule and to quality standards
- Assign and delegate QW work orders as may be needed from time to time to maintenance crew leaders
- Assigns QW program tasks to laborer work force, to include oversite and monitoring to completion
- Oversee special service, repair, construction, maintenance or administrative projects as may be assigned
- Leads by example, with clear and consistent communications to staff and colleagues, to personnel and service providers engaged in maintenance activities at Tribal Facilities
- Ensures new maintenance staff are properly trained on in-house maintenance procedures, processes and policies, to include compliance to SRMT safety policy
- Monitors, receives and approves documentation as turned in by the Crew Leaders such as but not limited to receipts, work orders, incident reports, etc.
- Assist Facilities Director with long and short term maintenance planning for Tribal Facilities
- Makes recommendations to the Facilities Director and Program Manager/Directors regarding replacement or repair of building systems and equipment, to include Scope of Work discussions
- Oversees and ensures compliance, development and implementation of the Tool and Equipment Inventory quarterly review program, reconciles with Corporate Compliance Office, and Director annually or as called upon
- Must be available in emergency situations to assist in or perform repair or service, to include delegating effective staff response, mitigate disruption or damage to Tribal operated facilities or programs
- Coordinates with Crew Leaders an effective snowplowing and grounds maintenance and care programs
- Monitors employees time and attendance records in coordination with Crew Leaders, approves leave requests and submit to Director for approval process
- Other intermittent duties as may be assigned form tie to time
- Assist in and perform grounds keeping duties as may be assigned intermittently
- Participate in snow clearing of all Tribal facilities we are assigned to maintain, to include snow plowing, clearing, sanding and salting of access side walks and drive ways during winter months as needed
- Be available as an ‘On Call Employee’ in times of emergency and or extenuating circumstance as may be required form time to time
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Tribal Council policies, directives, laws and ordinances as may be applied. Directly supervises subordinates in the maintenance unit. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and procedures to include skills development and training needs identification. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training subordinates, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining subordinates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Ensure time and attendance requirements are satisfied. Exhibit a professional and courteous demeanor at all times with colleagues, clients, and community members
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Facilities Maintenance related Associates degree from an accredited Collage or University, with a minimum of four years work experience and four years Supervisory experience in a maintenance related position. Must have previous experience developing, administering, reconciling, forecasting and analyzing assigned program budgets. Familiar with basic and advanced computer programs to include but not limited to word, excel, computer assisted drawings, power point, and or maintenance management software programs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbTravel to off-site locations may be required
- Safety equipment will be required
- Hazards and conditions associated with the trade,
- Exposure to both indoors and outdoors weather extremes
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations in a fast paced fluid environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver’s license in accordance with the SRMT Vehicle Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check, as well as, a State Central Registry Clearance prior to employment.
I have reviewed this Job Description with my immediate Supervisor and I understand the contents of it.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.