Manager, Planning & Continuous Improvement
January 1, 2021
Cornwall, ON, Canada
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED!
The Planning & Continuous Improvement Manager (PCIM) will report directly to Manager, Logistics Continuous Improvement. The PCIM is responsible to initiate, lead and take execution responsibility to reduce the end-to-end enterprise cost to serve. This role plays a pivotal part of ensuring the effective and efficient operation of our $500 million annual spend in logistics services by leading labour planning, measuring KPIs & tracking performance, investigating gaps, raising performance issues to senior leadership, ensuring investments in capital assets are being fully leveraged, overseeing continuous improvement initiatives, and supporting the start up of new infrastructure.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identify & lead / support DC Ops teams with projects that assist in improving DC Labour Plan for the Region, leveraging learnings from other sites, nationally, to minimize labour and optimize productivity.
- Support DC Ops teams through providing engineering and project management expertise, developing functional specification documentation (SOPs), overseeing profile and layout and providing training as required.
- Ensure CI initiatives are adopted and maintained through effective change management & KPI tracking.
- Support the rollout and maintenance of Performance Visibility and Engineered Labour Standards. Develop and maintain reporting tools to assist operations in identifying and addressing problem areas
- Develop best practices and strategic solutions by leading internal and external project teams; driving collaboration with cross-functional teams and working closely with DC operations to provide business solutions; partnering with key vendors to develop business solutions; establishing project
- Drive initiatives to reduce operating expenses and increase network capacity within the supply chain and enhance service by defining transformational change from concept to implementation; partner with key stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity; establishing value and priority; contribute to development of annual operating and capital budgets; develop return on investment (ROI) analysis and presentations to senior management for approval.
- Models compliance with Company policies and procedures and supports mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Assist in coaching & mentoring associates in their Lean Thinking journey and help drive a culture of continuous improvement (e.g. training on Lean tools, conduct waste walks, mentor associates while they work on their Lean Six Sigma / CI projects)
- Minimum of 5 years worth of experience
- Professional Engineering License
- Consulting & Project Management experience is an asset
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Well versed with MS Office suite of products, Visio, data analysis software
- Ability to perform data analysis on catalog data (foundation of excel skills, moderate to advanced including vlookup, merge data sheets etc.)
- Strong influencing skills through many channels of communication A problem solver who can devise a solution and lead a team to execute on it
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- Age - 18 years or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position . If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.