Medicine/Rehab Clinical Support Supervisor (2)
Cornwall Community Hospital
November 30, 2020
Cornwall, ON, Canada
As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing 'Patient Safety' and our hospital's 'Senior Friendly Strategies' as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and 'The Workplace of Choice'. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director of Medicine, Rehab and Women and Children’s Health, the Medicine/Rehab Clinical Support Supervisor has a collaborative working relationship with the managers of medicine and rehab, other clinical managers, as well as the clinical staff and physicians.
This position is responsible for supporting, directing and coordinating efficient, effective use of human, financial and physical resources on a daily basis to support the medicine leadership team in ensuring a high standard of care on the units. This key position will also embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care. resource management, patient relations/complaints across the Medicine and Rehab units.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
- Coordinates Patient Flow/Patient Care within the Medicine and Rehab units
- Monitors and adjusts staff assignments and coverage based on patient acuity and level of care required on each unit
- Supports staff development in conjunction with the Medicine Leadership Team
- Maintains a Safe and Healthy Work Environment
- Contributes to the Development of a Client Centred, Team-Based Learning Environment
- Effective Patient/Family Relations
- Key skills or competencies
- Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum 5 years current, relevant clinical experience
- Has demonstrated leadership skills, such as assuming a charge nurse role, involvement in accreditation and project implementation
- Baccalaureate Degree preparation in Nursing is preferred
- Functional proficiency in English preferred, oral, and written
- Functional level in oral French would be an asset.
- Computer literacy and experience with an electronic health record