August 6, 2021
Cornwall, ON, Canada
The Maintenance Mechanic / Millwright reports to the Shift Supervisor. Duties include trouble-shooting machine breakdowns, implementing root cause repairs, preventative maintenance and machinery modifications. Mechanics work on high-speed machinery, pneumatic and hydraulics, as well as perform general building maintenance. Works safely at all times, keeps work area clean and ensures that day-to-day operations run smoothly and efficiently.
- Mechanical installation according to industry standards.
- Installs new equipment as instructed
- Performs repairs/modifications of mechanical problems on plant machinery
- Troubleshooting and timely repairs of broken down equipment.
- Complete repairs within a reasonable time frame.
- At workstation when scheduled and remains for duration of assignment.
- Uses a logical process to identify and repair breakdowns
- Able to use welder and grinding equipment etc. to fabricate parts where required.
- Organization of parts areas.
- Correctly enters computer W/O specific details, parts/machine shop, requisitions as required.
- Complete documentation of work performed and parts re-order sheets.
- Research parts (where required) so that correct information provided when requesting parts to be ordered.
- Inputs required computer information.
- Clearly expresses ideas/concepts & instructions as required.
- Understand the safety features of the equipment, such as guards, emergency stops and start up signals
- Read and understand a work order
- Operate forklift and clamp truck in a safe manner after successful training is completed
- Communicate to supervisor if unable to work shift for any reason.