January 1, 2021
Cornwall, ON, Canada
- Demonstrate a commitment to Safety by following safety rules & guidelines.
- Responsible for reporting unsafe conditions or unsafe acts observed during the work shift.
- Correctly reads and understands a Work Order.
- Work area is kept clean and organized.
- Responsible for inspecting and packaging finished goods within established standards of accuracy and efficiency.
- Assembles and labels cartons.
- Completes all relevant shift reports including for rework tasks.
- Able to consistently produce less than 1% of non-conforming product.
- Assists operator with set-ups, order changes, roll changes, clearing jams, etc. as required.
- Monitors running conditions on a regular basis and reports issues to operator.
- Stores material/supplies in proper location.
- Performs rework as assigned.
- Reports to Supervisor for reassignment to another work area/machine when their machine down for repairs or lack of work.
- Able to communicate with co-workers and management
- Able to take direction from Supervisors, and Lead Hands.
- Other duties as required.
- Read and understand the Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Practice and encourage safe work behavior
- Understand the procedure of reporting all accidents and near misses
- Understand the safety features of the equipment, such as guards, emergency stops and start up signals
- Read, understand and follow the Quality System Procedures (QSP)
- Understand and follow the food, safety, and quality procedures
- Understand and perform good housekeeping practices continuously
- Read and understand a work order
- Communicate to supervisor if unable to work shift for any reason
- PDA is available upon request
- Education and training recommended for the position.
- Grade 12 Diploma or 2 years relevant experience
- Related experience in a manufacturing environment an asset.
- Ability to read a measuring tape.