July 16, 2021
Akwesasne, QC, Canada
FULL TIME POSITION
W/ POSSIBILITY OF INDEFINITE HIRE
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
SALARY LEVEL: SP05 ST 2 $56,061.34
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the incumbent provides payroll services to the organization while ensuring that payroll policies and procedures are followed.
- Two (2) – Three (3) year diploma in Business Administration or Business Administration/Accounting from a recognized post-secondary institution and Level 1 of the (PMCP) Payroll Management Certification Program offered through Canadian Payroll Association;
- One (1) to Two (2) years’ experience in a payroll environment with over 100 employees would be an asset;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, ACCPAC, Adobe Acrobat, Report Smith, ADP or automated payroll system. Judgement and the ability to understand and apply accounting concepts are critical;
- Knowledge of Finance policies and procedures, Human Resource policies and procedures and Government legislation applicable to pay benefits.
All interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and copies of all relevant certificates/diplomas along with three references submitted on a Consent to Release Reference Check form, which can be found on the Akwesasne.ca website under Employment. Applications should be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, July 16, 2021 to:
Shayleen Thompson, HR Staffing Officer
Administration Building #1
Phone: (613) 575-2250, ext. 2147
- Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
- Native preference in hiring.
- A criminal record check is mandatory before start of employment.
- As a requirement of employment, all applicants must have a Canadian Social Insurance number.
- An eligibility list will be created for one year.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted (MCA may cancel, postpone, or revise employment opportunities at any time)