Mohawk Indian Housing Corporation
May 14, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
JOB TITLE: PROJECT ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT: MOHAWK INDIAN HOUSING CORPORATION
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
POSITION: NON-EXEMPT FULL-TIME
DEADLINE TO APPLY: TILL FILLED
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Plan and facilitate Sweetflag Estate Activity Calendar including Congregate monthly meal, bingo and Activities to include organizing, decorating, cooking, set-up and clean-up of events.
- Research and schedule additional recreational excursion and trips for the Transportation Program
- Answer multi-line phone system and direct calls as required
- Greet clients and vendors upon arrival and direct them to appropriate offices
- Log and route incoming mail and office deliveries; log and stamp outgoing mail
- Document management such as: photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing
- Maintain office supply inventory to price and order maintenance and office supplies
- Responsible to schedule, billing and set-up for board room rentals, MIHC and HHDFCI board and staff meetings including minute taking with table/chairs, food, and beverages.
- Maintains strict confidentiality, professional, and courteous attitude toward tenants, coworkers and the general public, at all times
- Attends and participates in training as requested
- Software expertise using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Access
- Assist Executive Director grant/contract application process and report requirements, maintain recordkeeping documents to compile statistical reports
- Assist in Accounting Department to maintain purchase order system, stamp invoices paid
- Assist Housing Program with report writing, application assistance, correspondence to residents and assist in annual recertification of rent and lease renewal documents and write rental receipts
- Basic cleaning and upkeep of all office areas when needed
- Assist with Akwesasne Food Pantry ordering, deliveries, stocking food, distribution and file management.
- Cross-train for fill-in while regular staff is away and basic knowledge of their duties
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Incumbent must have a valid driver’s license and willingness to use own vehicle. Positions require a background check to be used solely for employment related purposes
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have two to three years of experience working in an office setting
- Demonstrate reliability by taking personal responsibility and accountability for work
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to provide professional and courteous service; even in difficult situations
- Must be organized, detail oriented, innovative and adhere to confidentiality policy
- Must have aptitude and skills in computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and experience with office equipment; fax machine, multi-line phone system, copy machine, scanner and postage meter.
- Financial background including Accounting System QuickBooks considered an asset.