Project Coordinator (Civil) - Sitework
February 10, 2021
Arnprior, ON, Canada
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
Work Location: Arnprior, Ontario - remote work available after the successful completion of a 6 month probation period
M. Sullivan & Son Ltd. (Sullivan), one of Canada's oldest family-owned construction companies located in Arnprior, Ontario, is currently looking for a Project Coordinator. We provide a dynamic work environment and offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Manager, Sitework the Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting the estimating, project management and site project execution functions on site projects.
While the Project Coordinator is responsible for a multitude of duties, the main functions include:
- Work collaboratively with Project Managers, Estimators, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers to meet required deadlines
- Adhere to Sullivan site policies, procedures and document management processes
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference and errors. Submit RFI's to consultant/owner as required
- Assist with the acquisition of licenses, permits and regulatory approvals
- Assist with the procurement of goods and submission of Change Estimates for revision to the project scope of work
- Assist with the preparation of monthly progress reports and financial reports
- Maintain and monitor the shop drawing approval process
- Assist with the maintenance and monitoring of the project schedule
- Assist with the preparation of the Inspection and Test Plan and coordinate activities and deliverables
- Assist with the Project Close-Out process
- Assist the Estimating team with the preparation of tender packages, budgets and tender closings as required
- Administrative duties as required
Success in this position will include, but not be limited to, the use of scheduling and project management skills and techniques to ensure timely completion of all aspects of assigned projects.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Post secondary education in Engineering, C.E.T., or related field of study
- 1-3 years experience in a construction project environment
- Experience with the administration of construction projects
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Government clearance
Sullivan celebrates diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at with the position you are interested in.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.