Project Coordinator (North Bay)
May 8, 2021
North Bay, ON, Canada
Department North Bay
Employment Type Full-Time
Minimum Experience Mid-level
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Sullivan is currently looking for a Project Coordinator to join our North Bay office team. We provide a dynamic work environment and offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Business Unit Leader, the Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting the estimating, project management and site project execution functions on site projects.
While the Project Coordinator is responsible for a multitude of duties, the main functions include:
- Work collaboratively with Project Managers, Estimators, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers to meet required deadlines
- Adhere to Sullivan site policies, procedures and document management processes
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference and errors. Submit RFI's to consultant/owner as required
- Assist with the acquisition of licenses, permits and regulatory approvals
- Assist with the procurement of goods and submission of Change Estimates for revision to the project scope of work
- Assist with the preparation of monthly progress reports and financial reports
- Maintain and monitor the shop drawing approval process
- Assist with the maintenance and monitoring of the project schedule
- Assist with the preparation of the Inspection and Test Plan and coordinate activities and deliverables
- Assist with the Project Close-Out process
- Assist the Estimating team with the preparation of tender packages, budgets and tender closings as required
- Administrative duties as required
Success in this position will include, but not be limited to, the use of scheduling and project management skills and techniques to ensure timely completion of all aspects of assigned projects.
- Tech savvy and quick to learn new software and systems
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Ability to trust and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external partners
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently with matchless organization skills
- Desire to continuously learn and apply new skills to the job
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Degree or diploma in engineering or construction technology
- 1-3 years experience in construction, estimating or scheduling role
- Previous work experience in a construction project office
- Experience with the administration of construction projects
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Government clearance
Sullivan celebrates diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at with the position you are interested in.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.