Protos Machine Operator
Jacobs Tobacco Company
July 23, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
MON - TUES - WED - THURS
7AM - 5PM
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for operating a cigarette making machine to make good quality sticks;
- Supervise all of the cigarette machine operation;
- Perform proper start up and shut down of the machinery;
- Have experience with proper loading and adjustments of tobacco, papers, glue and filters for the machine;
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments to the machine and;
- Make sure machines are cleaned properly and kept in good working order.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in a Cigarette Factory an asset;
- High School Diploma or Equivalent;
- Must be able to think critically and make decisions;
- Highly responsible & reliable;
- Excellent communication & organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and;
- Must have own transportation to/from work.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing industry highly recommended.
- Employee must be able to work shiftwork and overtime when requested and be available on a "call-in" bases.
- Position may require off hours which may include nights, weekends or special events.
Please contact the Akwesasne Employment Resource Center (AERC) if interested. Contact Information: