Quality Assurance Technician
July 2, 2021
Cornwall, ON, Canada
Leader in the agrifood industry, proud of the impeccable quality of our products and our 13,000 employees, Olymel L.P. operates in Canada and in over 65 countries under the brand names Olymel, Lafleur and Flamingo.
POSITION TITLE: Quality assurance Technician - Cornwall
SHIFT: Day / Evening
JOB STATUS: Contract
Under the direction of the QA Coordinator, the QA Technician will work with the rest of the Quality Assurance team to regulate all HACCP and SQF standards to ensure product quality. The QA Technician is responsible for monitoring the preparation duties and the cleaning procedures in production and/ or during sanitation activities. The QA Technician is also responsible for ensuring that inspections and policies on product quality and food safety meet government/company/customer regulations.
- Regulate all HACCP and SQF standards to ensure product quality;
- Monitor the preparation duties and the cleaning procedures in production and/ or during sanitation activities;
- Ensure that inspections and policies on product quality and safety meet all regulations;
- Ensure to uphold and follow all HACCP and good manufacturing practices (GMP’s) standards;
- Complete preparation duties for production to begin;
- Verify and inspect that calibrations and sterilization of equipment has been completed;
- Monitor, verify, audit, document and report areas where Critical Control Points are in production;
- Monitor ingredients, in process and finished goods, to meet the overall food safety standards;
- Monitor the temperature within the processing area and warehouses to meet the overall food safety standards;
- Follow HOLD and TEST procedures monthly according to customer and CFIA specifications;
- Ensure HACCP and GMP’s are being followed by all employees and visitors on site;
- Monitor, document and ensure proper procedures are being followed for production;
- Perform sampling tests recurrently.
- College diploma in food science or related field or equivalent experience;
- Two (2) years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of the food industry an asset;
- Good judgment, team player, autonomous, attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be available and flexible to work different work schedules as required.
Please send your resume quoting the job title in the subject line to:
Olymel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Thank you for your consideration.