July 23, 2021
Akwesasne, ON, Canada
The Receptionist/Office Clerk is under the direct supervision and direction of the Administration Assistant.
The position hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the first point of contact the receptionist must greet all visitors to CKON in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner.
- Receptionist answers all incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner and directs calls or takes messages for staff.
- Coordinate radio requests, dedications and “In Memoriam” for the radio announcers for airing.
- Maintain a log of all incoming and outgoing mail and forward to the appropriate staff members.
- The receptionist edits the Community Calendar, Job Watch and the Trading Post for broadcast.
- Accepts Job Watch submissions, via email, or walk in. Maintain organized details for the Job Watch to prepare billing information for the Finance Office for proper invoicing on a monthly basis.
- Sell weekly radio bingo cards, quickies, 50/50 bingo cards and bingo daubers, maintain the cash drawer and provide accountability for cash.
- Distribute the Community Fund recipient applications and receive completed applications by date stamping when they are received.
- Distribute bingo winnings which includes verifying the bingo card presented.
- Coordinate the bingo card giveaways following the weekly bingo session and maintain a log of individuals who pick-up their free bingo cards, as the free cards are only valid for the following bingo session.
- Distribute prizes for the weekly CKON Birthday Club.
- Print all flyers and emails for community events and initiatives, to be added to the Community Calendar and/or booth announcements.
- Monitor the CKON email sites for incoming information for Community Calendar, Job Watch and Trading Post.
- The receptionist takes on small projects under the guidance of the Administration Assistant and Station Manager
- 15. Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- 16. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
High School Graduate with one year experience. Must have excellent time management skills, with an eye for details, have a pleasing and courteous personality. The receptionist must possess the ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Comprehensive computer and mathematical skills are a requirement. Speaking the Mohawk language would be an asset as would previous experience in front desk/receptionist responsibilities.
Deadline to apply is Friday July 23, 2021 at 4p.m. To obtain a complete job description and a CKON job application please call 613-575-2100 or 518-358-3426. Interested applicants may submit a CKON job application with their resume and cover letter to: Sarena “Reen” Cook, Station Manager, PO Box 120 St. Regis PQ HOM1A0 or to PO box 1260, Akwesasne, NY 13655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.