Registered Nurse Emergency (4)
Cornwall Community Hospital
November 30, 2020
Cornwall, ON, Canada
As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing 'Patient Safety' and our hospital's 'Senior Friendly Strategies' as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and 'The Workplace of Choice'. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The overall function of the RN is to assist our patients, caregivers and community to manage clinical conditions and transitions, maximize the patient’s self-care abilities, as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the role of Registered Nurse (RN) at CCH is to deliver safe, effective, patient-centered, ethical, and evidenced-based nursing care. The overall function of the RN is to assist our patients and community to manage clinical conditions and transitions and maximize their self-care abilities. The RN also acts as a resource for members of the care team.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
- Holds current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Is committed to living the Mission and Values of Cornwall Community Hospital
- Current certification in ACLS, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Trauma Nursing Core Course, CTAS, PALS, Emergency Nursing Course Canada (ENC(C))
- Ability to function independently in all areas of the Emergency Dept. – resuscitation, observation, triage, minor treatment, acute care
- Two (2) or more years Emergency experience
- Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Functional proficiency in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French – and testing completed)
- Clinical competencies as related to the patient population served on the unit/program of employment
- Emergency and/or Critical Care Certificate
KEY SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES
- Superior interpersonal organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to change
- Excellent patient assessment, critical thinking, communication (oral and written), and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop, implement, evaluate, and adapt a therapeutic nursing plan (Care plan)
- Ability to teach and mentor RPNs, RNs, students as required
- Completes established curricula as required at the unit level