Registered Nurse Resource Team (J0520-0512)
Cornwall Community Hospital
January 22, 2021
Cornwall, ON, Canada
Job Posting Number:
Registered Nurse Resource Team
Temporary Part Time
City, Province, Country:
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
December 23, 2020
Scheduled all shifts as required
January 22, 2021
$33.23 - $47.57/Hour
As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing 'Patient Safety' and our hospital's 'Senior Friendly Strategies' as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and 'The Workplace of Choice'. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the role of Registered Nurse (RN) at CCH is to deliver safe, effective, patient-centered, ethical, and evidenced-based nursing care. The overall function of the RN is to assist our patients and community to manage clinical conditions and transitions and maximise their self-care abilities as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care. The RN also acts as a resource for members of the care team.
Members of this team cover absences on any unit for the duration of the shift. The RN will take on a full assignment and work collaboratively with the patient care team on the unit in which he/she is assigned.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
- Holds current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Is committed to living the Mission and Values of Cornwall Community Hospital
- Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Recent demonstration of technical skills and use of equipment in the clinical setting (e.g. CVAD’s, TPN, IVs, pumps)
- Current certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Advanced
- Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French – and testing completed)
- Two years’ experience in an acute medical and/or surgical setting.
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Current RNAO membership
KEY SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES
- Superior interpersonal organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to change
- Excellent patient assessment, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop, implement, evaluate, and adapt a therapeutic nursing plan (care plan)
- Ability to teach and mentor RPNs, RNs, students as required
- Completes mandatory training as required at the unit level