Resource Centre Facilitator
Canadian Mental Health Association
January 29, 2021
Casselman, ON, Canada
Resource Centre Facilitator | Location: Casselman or Hawkesbury | Job Type: Contract | Start Date: 02/16/2021
The Canadian Mental Health Association - Champlain East is a community-based agency dedicated to providing community support services to persons living with a mental illness and concurrent disorders. Our Branch has been designated under the French Language Services Act since 1991 and as such, is committed to providing services in both official languages (French and English).
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To facilitate, support and empower persons with a severe and/or persistent mental illness / concurrent disorder or socially isolated individuals to improve their quality of life.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the Manager of Programs, Public Education
- College diploma in the social science, health or recreation field and two years of experience working with people with emotional or psychiatric difficulties, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Experience in facilitation, coaching, teaching wellness, life skills and social skills
- Demonstrated abilities in working with minimum supervision, working alone and as part of a team
- Awareness of local community resources
- Experience and comfort in public speaking
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Proficiency in both official languages is an asset and for designated positions, proficiency in both official languages is a requirement as per the Branch’s French language Designation Plan
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Facilitate opportunities for clients to network and develop skills and attitudes which enable them to attain and maintain the highest quality of life available to them in their community.
- Facilitate planning, promotion and delivery of prepared information sessions to inform the community of the program and improve community sensitivity/acceptance of individuals experiencing mental health problems.
- Facilitate training opportunities for clients to develop practical skills in the areas of self help and support.
- Facilitate the operation of a Resource Centre within health and safety guidelines.
- Empower and encourage clients in the development of recreational, educational and informational opportunities by responding to their needs.
- Maintain appropriate documentation as per Branch protocols.
- Participate in program development, improvement activities and staff meetings.
- Participate in professional development.
- Identify gaps and needed modifications in services and bring these to the attention of your immediate supervisor.
- Works in programs of the Branch and can be transferred from one program to another as the needs arise and the Branch sees fit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director or designate.
Terms of reference
Start date is flexible depending on availability.
24 hours/week with possibility of up to 35 hours/week based on programming needs.- 12 month contract
If you have any difficulties please contact us at 613-933-5845 and we will be happy to help.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for the position
will be contacted. The Branch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation will be
provided in all parts of the hiring process as required. Applicants need to make their needs
known in advance.