Respiratory Therapist, Anesthesia Assistant
Cornwall Community Hospital
November 30, 2020
Cornwall, ON, Canada
As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing 'Patient Safety' and our hospital's 'Senior Friendly Strategies' as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and 'The Workplace of Choice'. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director of Perioperative Services, the Registered Respiratory Therapist performs within the scope of practice established by the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario and the Regulated Health professions Act, Province of Ontario, as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
- Diploma from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
- Graduated from a post graduated Anesthesia Assistant course
- Holds current Certificate of Registration from the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Holds current certification in BCLS, ACLS and NRP
- Certified in ACLS
- Knowledge of anesthesia technologies, basic hemodynamic principled, and general knowledge of anesthesia equipment.
- Sound Judgement and problem – solving abilities.
- Knowledge of the Regular Health Professions Act and other related professional acts
- Knowledge of hospital /OR processes, policies, and procedures
- Maintains and enhances knowledge through attendance and participation at continuing education programs, seminars, or other related activities
- Demonstrated recent experience relevant to the area of practice
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well with multiple interruptions.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and organizational skills
- Ability to meet physical demands of position including lifting over 60 lbs. and withstand constant standing and/or walking
- Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Knowledge and expertise that pertains to respiratory care to provide quality client care
- Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French – and testing completed)
- Membership in Respiratory Therapy Professional Association(s)
- Membership with the Canadian Anesthesiologists’ Society (CAS) Anesthesia Assistant subcommittee
- Member with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapist AA subcommittee (CSRT)
- Two (2) years of multi-service operating room experience with the last two (2) years in the role of anesthesia assistant