Akwesasne Mohawk Casino
July 26, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
Reports To: Security Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Closing Date: Monday, July 26, 2021 @ 4pm
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the operations of the Security department on an assigned shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Promotes professional standards of guest courtesy are met by all Security department personnel.
- Safeguards all company assets.
- Responsible for Security Officers on assigned shift.
- Works closely with the Security Director to ensure compliance with company policies and all local, state, and federal statutes and gaming regulations.
- Supervises personnel, maintains sufficiently scheduled manpower to meet security demands.
- Intervenes in incidents involving patron misconduct in the facility.
- Ensures confidentiality of security knowledge and investigations.
- Ensures complete and proper documentation of all incidents.
- Provides security escort service to high value winners, this would occur from the gaming facility to a patron residence or financial institution.
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with the public and fellow associates.
- Other duties as assigned by the Security Director.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises 35 to 40 associates in the Security department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, training, evaluating, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully complete the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical School; or six months to one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. High School Diploma or (GED) general education degree required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must obtain and maintain a New York State certification and St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming Class III License which requires a criminal background check to be used solely for employment purposes. Successful candidates for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed. In case of a positive result, the candidate is not eligible for employment with the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort. Employment will not begin until process is complete.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. The associate must occasionally move or physically restrain people. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Position exists in a casino environment where there is regular and frequent exposure of the associate to noise and cigarette smoke from the casino floor. Must occasionally deal with unruly or angry people. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
To view complete job description and to apply go to:
Human Resources Administration Building
891 State Rt 37
Akwesasne, NY 13655
“The Mohawk Gaming Enterprise is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.”