Sewer & Water Supervisor
May 8, 2021
Chalk River, ON, Canada
Employment Type Full-Time
Minimum Experience Manager/Supervisor
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Work Location: Project sites vary from Ottawa to Chalk River depending on project requirements. Company vehicle will be provided.
M. Sullivan & Son Ltd. (Sullivan), one of Canada's oldest family-owned construction companies located in Arnprior, Ontario, is currently looking for a Sewer & Water Supervisor. We provide a dynamic work environment and offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Sitework Manager, the Sewer & Water Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of on-site activities related to project execution including but not limited to the coordination of trades and sub-contractors, site safety program, direct supervision of staff, quality management, project cost and schedule.
While the Supervisor is responsible for a multitude of duties, the main functions include:
- Accomplishes work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching employees; and supervising sub-contractors.
- Delegating tasks to team members and holding them accountable
- Meets construction work standards by following production, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Assist Superintendent in creating short-term schedules, and monitors such schedules
- Plans construction projects by studying technical specifications and drawing; ordering and scheduling materials and equipment.
- Inspecting work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting shared ownership and responsibility for each project; and exploring opportunities to add value to each project
- Represent company in meetings with clients, contractors, inspectors, etc. as required.
- Participation in daily and weekly update meetings
- Support maintenance of accurate As-Built drawings
- Evaluate worker's abilities
- Maintain an exemplary safety record; knowledge of safety procedures; and knowledgeable of the hazards specific to each job.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with team members, architects, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Generating daily work sheets with cost codes and recording quantities
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; becoming aware of state-of-the-art practices.
- Commitment to high standards of procedural safety and regulatory compliance
- Safety awareness as it related to construction site activities
- Commitment to delivering results on time
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- General knowledge of all site-related construction activities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with others both internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Ability to trust and work collaboratively within a team
- Excellent organizational skills and knowledge of project management, estimating and cost control skills
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 3+ years direct supervisory experience in the construction industry
- 5+ years in the construction industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Construction in site layout experience and larger construction projects is an asset
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Government clearance
Sullivan celebrates diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at with the position you are interested in.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.