Akwesasne Mohawk Casino
April 23, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
Requisition ID: 1323
Job Title: Slot Attendant
Department: Slot Operations
Reports To: Shift & Asst. Shift Managers
FLSA Status: PT-Non-Exempt
THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED!
Candidate must provide a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with our guests and fellow associates. The Slot Attendant is a personal representation of the service and overall hospitality of the Mohawk Gaming Enterprises. Responsible for executing the Three Feathers Guest Service Standards to provide an excellent guest service experience while ensuring compliance with company and departmental policies and procedures to safeguard company gaming assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with the public and fellow associates.
- Oversee all guest activity that takes place in the slot gaming areas.
- Required to learn and utilize Apple iPod with accompanying software known as “Kai” to ensure a high quality of guest service.
- Ensure compliance with company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Safeguards assigned gaming assets.
- Ensure gaming area is clean and safety compliant.
- May performs paper refills and jams on machines and/or notifies Slot Tech or Slot Tech Manager if more in-depth repair is needed.
- Handle guest transactions, such as cash and pay-outs and other transactions required.
- Exhibit good oral communication skills.
- Requires the ability to work flexible hours, be reliable and responsible for scheduled shifts.
- Other duties as necessary to improve guest service and operational needs.
No supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully complete the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience training in a guest service environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to walk. The associate is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. The position exists in a casino work environment where there is frequent and regular exposure to loud noise and tobacco smoke from the casino floor.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY:
The Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort gives preference to Native Americans who meet the minimum qualifications for the posted position and who are enrolled members of a Tribe. Applicants not entitled to Native Preference will receive consideration without discrimination based on age, sex, disability or national origin.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must obtain and maintain a New York State certification and St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming Class III License which requires a criminal background check to be used solely for employment purposes. Successful candidates for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed. In case of a positive result, the candidate is not eligible for employment with the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort. Employment will not begin until process is complete.
“The Mohawk Gaming Enterprise is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.”