Student Internship (Summer 2021)
Ontario Power Generation (OPG)
January 24, 2021
Cornwall, ON, Canada
Student Opportunity, Summer 2021-Cornwall ON
Location: Cornwall, ON, CA, K6H 5R6
Req ID: 24321
Status: Student-Contract-Summer 2021
Education Level: University or College, minimum 1st year completed
Location(s): Cornwall, ON
Number of Position(s): 3
Shifts(s): Days and weekends
Deadline to Apply: January 24, 2021
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At Ontario Power Generation Inc. (OPG), our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, OPG is committed to providing challenging opportunities in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Students will gain meaningful hands-on work experience that will complement their academic studies and offer insight into potential career paths. Students will be able to apply their knowledge, broaden their skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario's success.
(OPG) is excited to offer three (3) student opportunities in our St. Lawrence Power Development Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. This is a four (4) month student placement commencing in May 2021.
- Lead interactive tours with general public and group tours at the Visitor Centre.
- Assist planning and coordinating special events, conferences and meetings.
- Assist educational and outreach programs offered at the Visitor Centre.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum completion of 1st year at a University or College.
All students applying for student positions at OPG must meet the below eligibility:
- Enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution.
- Have a minimum average of 70% cumulative GPA.
- Returning to full-time studies in the same program following the completion of the work term OR requiring the work term or co-op placement to graduate.
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualifications:
- Lives within 80km of Cornwall, Ontario.
- Bilingual (French/English).
- Event planning experience (outside of educational setting).
- Experience presenting detailed information to an audience in a public setting (outside of educational setting).
- Community/public relations experience (outside of educational setting).
- Ability to work every weekend (Saturday and Sunday) is required.
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Public relations experience
- Develop communication skills and presentation skills for a variety of audiences
- Business acumen
- Event Planning Experience
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
Our promise to you
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad or X-Lab.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
Submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 p.m. E.S.T., January 24, 2021. Students must apply online and through their school’s own portal, if applicable, and must be eligible to work in Canada. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
All applications must include the following:
- Resume, cover letter, and most recent unoffical transcript (uploaded as one file uner 'CV')
- Priority consideration will be given to applicants who attach an unofficial transcript.
OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. As a precondition of employment, OPG will require a prospective candidate to submit a security clearance application and provide documents to confirm eligibility prior to their start date. Relocation and travel expenses incurred during the recruitment and selection process are the student’s responsibility.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com.