January 1, 2021
Arnprior, ON, Canada
Sullivan is currently looking for a Surveyor to join our team. We provide a dynamic work environment and offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Business Unit Leader, the Surveyor is responsible for the management of all field site-specific surveying activities. This person must be able to communicate effectively with the Project Manager and the Superintendent to stay abreast of all changes and requirements. The Surveyor is responsible for providing laying and elevations so that all construction activity can be properly built within the desired locations.
While the Surveyor is responsible for a multitude of duties, the main functions include:
- Work closely with the Owner/Designer to incorporate design with the Construction team
- Ensure all duties performed meet occupational health & safety regulations, and comply with the Sullivan Construction Safety Manual
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, and reports in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites
- Record the results of surveys, including the contour and elevation of land or land features
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data in order to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features
- Coordinate with the tools and equipment Manager to obtain all required materials for the duration of the project.
- Manage and oversee the completion of required documentation, including: daily log, safety documentation, time sheets, invoices, labour quantities, packing slips, purchases
- Perform other duties that may be assigned as necessary
Success in this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Advanced understanding of all construction trades and techniques
- Able to read and interpret construction drawings and blueprints
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances, legislation and building codes
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Technical diploma or equivalent education and experience
- Gold Seal certification considered an asset
- Five or more years experience in the construction industry
- Three or more years of supervisory or management experience in the construction field
- Familiar with Auto CAD, Trimble, and Topcon softwares
Sullivan is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note your accommodation requirements in your cover letter.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.