Ahkwesahse Mohawk Board of Education (AMBE)
May 6, 2021
Akwesasne, ON, Canada
AHKWESÀHSNE MOHAWK BOARD OF EDUCATION
Ie thi ha hon:nien - We make the road for them
Full Time Term & Probationary Positions
Salary: PSAC Salary Grid
The Ahkwesahsne Mohawk Board of Education (AMBE) was created in 1985 by the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne (MCA). AMBE is responsible for providing educational services to the Akwesasne Mohawk Community, including; 3 Schools that offer K4 to Grade 8 education; coordination of secondary education service in partnership with local school boards; adult education services; and post-secondary assistance. The Akwesasne Mohawk Community includes about 13,000 Peoples, and borders on the Canadian Provinces of Ontario and Quebec and the American State of New York.
Under the supervision of the School Principal, the teacher is responsible to teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his/her care by the School Principal .
- Ontario Teaching Certificate in the Primary or Junior Division or NYS Certification N-6 or Intermediate Qualifications;
- Teaching experience is an asset
The successful candidate will demonstrate the AMBE key values of: integrity, equity and accountability with a focus on:
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively and productively with others to achieve results;
- Service Oriented: Meeting or exceeding student and school needs;
- Communication: Clearly conveying and receiving messages;
- Results Orientation: Knowing what results are important, focusing resources to achieve them;
- Planning: Setting clear outcomes and indicators of success;
- Cultural Awareness: Understanding of, and sensitivity to, the distinct Akwesasne Mohawk community, culture and language.
All interested individuals must submit a letter of interest, resume and copies of certificates/diplomas no later than 2:00p.m. on May 6, 2021 to:
HR Generalist / Labour Relations
Ahkwesahsne Mohawk Board of Education
169 International Rd Akwesasne, ON K6H 0G5 or email :
- Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume
- A criminal records check is MANDATORY
- Native Preference in hiring
- Applicants MUST have a Canadian Social Insurance Number
- ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
All AMBE employees are required to be eligible to work in Canada, and have a valid passport to facilitate daily border crossing.