Transportation & Safety Supervisor
Ahkwesahse Mohawk Board of Education (AMBE)
July 27, 2021
Akwesasne, ON, Canada
TRANSPORTATION & Safety SUPERVISOR
3 YEAR TERM Position
Salary: Under Review
The Ahkwesahsne Mohawk Board of Education (AMBE) was created in 1985 by the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne (MCA). AMBE is responsible for providing educational services to the Akwesasne Mohawk Community, including; 3 Schools that offer K4 to Grade 8 education; coordination of secondary education service in partnership with local school boards; adult education services; and post-secondary assistance. The Akwesasne Mohawk Community includes about 13,000 Peoples, and borders on the Canadian Provinces of Ontario and Quebec and the American State of New York.
Under the supervision of the Director of Education, the Transportation and Safety Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient operation, coordination and maintenance of AMBE transportation program and Health and Safety lead for AMBE. The incumbent must possess a thorough knowledge of standard transportation methods and the operation of buses, good knowledge of driving safety practices and knowledge of automotive repair methods and of the terminology and tools of the trade. Works in collaboration with the Health and Safety Officer in the coordination of H&S training, be aware of the standards and protocols for Safe Schools and Emergency Operations for AMBE Admin. Offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, preferably in the field of Business Administration;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work related experience;
- Two (2) year diploma in Business Administration or a related field;
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ work related experience.
- Possess Class B or E license (or willing to obtain);
- Knowledge of an educational system is an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the AMBE key values of: integrity, equity and accountability with a focus on:
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively and productively with others to achieve results;
- Service Oriented: Meeting or exceeding student and school needs;
- Communication: Clearly conveying and receiving messages;
- Results Orientation: Knowing what results are important, focusing resources to achieve them;
- Planning: Setting clear outcomes and indicators of success;
- Cultural Awareness: Understanding of, and sensitivity to, the distinct Akwesasne Mohawk community, culture and language.
All interested individuals must submit a letter of interest, resume and copies of certificates/diplomas no later than 2:00p.m. on July 28, 2021 to:
HR Generalist / Labour Relations
Ahkwesahsne Mohawk Board of Education
169 International Road
Akwesasne, ON K6H 0G5
- Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume
- A criminal records check is MANDATORY
- Native Preference in hiring
- Applicants MUST have a Canadian Social Insurance Number
- ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
All AMBE employees are required to be eligible to work in Canada, and have a valid passport to facilitate daily border crossing.